Making Jäger balls (General)

by jæger justnæs @, Kristiansand, Thursday, January 30, 2014, 08:01 (2214 days ago) @ DCarlson

Do any of the UK/European/Scandinavian shooters use such loading blocks? Just curious. :nerd:

I used a loading block for field competition. I had a .45 Hawken replica and as I recall I got the idea from Sam Fadala's "The Gun Digest Black Powder Loading Manual" issued i the early eighties. Borrowed it from a fellow shooter, from there on it only god better. Or should I say worse :-D

The block worked just fine but after a few years but after a while I started to get the hang of loading at a descent pace, good enough for competition use. Then I got into wet patches and only used the block occasionally. Still got it as a good memory.

Never tried jäger balls. Effective for follow-up shots, espescially with a paper cartridge tied to them in the Swdish way. I suspect that accuracy may vary due to the string. Certainly cood enough for moderat ranges. Hmmm, there's just one way to find out how this concept will work ;-)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread