Swedish m/1845-ish musket? (Muzzleloading)

by Fabian23 ⌂, Switzerland, Sunday, September 30, 2018, 22:25 (206 days ago)

I'm back into a few Scandinavian (well only Swedish) gunsand I come to you in the hope of solving a mystery. I received a Swedish musket in a deal together with an 1851 Kammerlader and I'm having trouble identifying it. It looks generally like a m/1845 percussion musket but several things are strange.

The barrel is Husqvarna made and is proofed and numbered to the stock (17) and fits very well. The inside is mirror smooth. The stock, barrel and lock screws and tang screw all have the assembly numerals VI stamped into them.

All the brass fittings are well made but of very thin brass. In comparison, the fittings on my m/1815 musket are much thicker. The bands fit perfectly but the muzzle band does not fit very well. From pictures online, it seems the trigger guard tang should also have finger ridges.

The lock fits tightly in its recess but it has no markings. Strangely on the inside there is no bridle covering the tumbler although the stock recess is clearly cut for a lock having one.

The hammer is not checkered and the hammer screw is very crudely made.

The shaped of the dog catch is incorrect as far as I could make out.

I would be very interested to know what this musket is. An unfinished musket sold out of the back of Husky in the 1840s? A film prop?

[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
[image]
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

--
Give me iron, steel and wood! Tupperware guns are for losers!

My website, growing entry by entry:http://www.militarygunsofeurope.eu

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread